For everyone who is almost finished with their PhD project or Postdoc and is wondering what the next step in their career will be, People In Science is organizing training sessions this fall. You'll be able to get personal advice, tips and learn new skills based on current recruitment procedures in the industry.
What you will learn:
By the end of this training, you will have a clear plan of action and prepared the necessary documents to quickly find a suitable job once you are finished!
At the end of this workshop you will know:
- Which possibilities there are for PhDs outside academia and how to find them;
- What hiring managers of industrial company’s value in applicants;
- How to translate, and develop your skills in a CV, pitch, letter or LinkedIn profile;
- Tips and tricks to find published and non-published vacancies;
- The do’s and don’ts in the application process;
- How to network pleasantly and effective even if you are an introvert.
The next course in Groningen will consist of three afternoon sessions on October 10 and 24 and November 2 from 13:00 to 17:00
Can’t make it one day? Don’t worry, there will be a catch-up day.
Fee and practical information
Fee for the complete program is €500,- excl. VAT and can usually be covered by your personal PhD or Postdoc (training-)budget. Inform with your supervisor, Graduate School or P&O about the possibilities. For PhDs without refund options, tailored solutions are possible.
Register online or check the People In Science website or the Facebook event for more information. If you need more information feel free to contact People in Science at 0610524483 or email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!