Your eligibility for the programme will be decided upon by the Admission Committee. The criteria are as follows:
- Academic degree or function at Master level
- Experience in the field of transfusion medicine
- Formal support and recommendation from a regional/national blood supply organization or health institution
- Leadership capacity/experience
- Sufficient level of English
The tuition fee for the entire programme is € 20,000 per student, which covers the direct operational costs of the programme.
The costs for the traineeship (i.e. your two internships) are not covered in the tuition fee.The additional traveling and residence costs that come along with both internships range from €8,000 - €15,000 (approximately) and are your own.
We are aware that payment of the tuition fee might be a challenge for students in low and medium income countries. IDTM works for possibilities to attract sponsors who are able and prepared to contribute to the tuition fee for promising students, or alternatively depending on possibilities and availability, to reduce the tuition fee. Trying to find a sponsor yourself is of course also a possibility.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the Management of Transfusion programme, you can do so by sending an email to Ms. Jacqueline Weers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Motivation letter
- A certified copy of relevant diplomas
- Letter of recommendation and support of a superior or the Ministry of Health in your country
- The name of the person who will support you as mentor during the course of the programme
Please be aware that after acceptance into the programme, we will not be able to finish your application before we have received your tuition payment in full. Students who take care of their own funding (i.e. no sponsor) may be eligible for dividing the fee in two terms of payment. Ask about the conditions in your application email.