From Monday 23 to Wednesday 25 September 2019, the University of Groningen/UMCG and Universidad de Chile (UCH) will celebrate nearly a decade of excellent academic relations and the official launch of the first call for applications of the Joint Doctoral Program (JDP) in biomedical sciences. Rectors Ennio Vivaldi of UCH and Elmer Sterken of Groningen signed the JDP agreement in July 2018.
The matchmaking event aims to bring together some of the best biomedical researchers in Chile and Groningen. It has the specific purpose to identify joint research projects and candidates for the JDP.
The following Chilean institutes/faculties have already confirmed their participation:
- Geroscience Center for Brain Health and Metabolism (GERO)
- Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile
- Advanced Center for Chronic Diseases (ACCDiS)
- Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile
- Instituto Milenio de Neurociencia Biomédica (BNI)
- Facultad de Ciencias Biológicas, Universidad de Chile
- Facultad Ciencias Químicas y Farmacéuticas, Universidad de Chile
- Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, Universidad de Chile
At Groningen, we count with the participation of researchers affiliated to:
- University Medical Center Groningen
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- European Research Institute for the Biology of Ageing (ERIBA)
The organization of the event will be theme-based, i.e. experts from different institutes and faculties will join in thematic sessions (see below).
The preliminary program includes:
- A plenary opening session with all Chilean and Groningen researchers and authorities on Monday afternoon 23 September
- Thematic sessions in which all researchers present themselves and one-on one matchmaking sessions on Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 September (organization by academic theme leaders)
- The program is still under construction. The plenary session on Monday is likely to include researchers from non-health related fields that match with the UG Faculty of Science & Engineering.
- All participating researchers will be part of one (or more) thematic sessions (e.g. neurosciences, oncology) that each have an academic lead at Groningen and UCH. Together they are responsible for the academic program on 24 and 25 September.
Registration for Participants
Participating (visiting) researchers need to register online (Google form). Part of the registration is a completed Participating Researcher information sheet available for download here (.docx). Make sure to fill out the sheet before completing your registration.
The registration information is very important because it will be used for:
- logistic arrangements (e.g. hotel, meals)
- design of the academic program
- matchmaking between academics